Disable in-app purchases from an app ID

EDIT: I received an email back from Apple on this issue and they verified that if In-App Purchase is enabled, it will not affect our fee waiver. They only check to make sure that there are no in-app purchases available within the app. I'm choosing not to delete this question in case someone else encounters this.

Preface: I work for a college, and our Developer account had the fee waived. One of the conditions of the waiver is that all apps deployed under the account must be free of charge. I have asked Apple that if our app has In-App Purchase enabled, if it will violate the waiver's conditions, and I was told that yes, it would.

When I created an App ID for our app, In-App Purchase was enabled. I have googled several different ways on how to disable in-app purchases but I haven't found anything that works.

Apple has sent me the in-app purchases best practices documentation, but there is no statement on how to remove/disable in-app purchases, only how to use the framework. For what it's worth, the StoreKit framework is not included on the project.

I've found some solutions that require the app to already be published through iTunes Connect, which I have not done yet. I'm afraid that if I submit the app for review, Apple will flag the app and our account because In-App Purchase is enabled. I do not want to do or try anything that has even the slightest chance of jeopardizing our fee waiver.

I want to use the explicit bundle app ID because I am planning to deploy the test version of the app through Testflight.

Is there another way to disable In-App Purchase from the app ID? Is my fear of our waiver being revoked if I try publishing the app for review in iTunes Connect misplaced?

Replies

Is there any Update on this situation? I'm currently facing the same "problem" ....

Same problem to this day ! In App purchase is grayed on Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles we cannot uncheck it

I have the same problem. I cannot change in-app purchase in "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" of Apple developer, the checkbox was disabled.

I cannot change in-app purchase in "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" of Apple developer, the checkbox was disabled.

Right. This is expected. The only thing gating access to in-app purchase is the explicit App ID. If your app has an explicit App ID then it can use in-app purchase.

Having said that, it doesn’t have to use in-app purchase, and there are easy ways to validate that it doesn’t. For example:

• In-app purchase items are registered with App Store Connect, so if there are no items available to be purchased there’s no possibility of that.

• You can also statically check whether our app links to StoreKit.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"