Rejected app for embed Youtube videos and Guideline 5.2.1 - Legal - Intellectual Property

I'm using the official Youtube embed player and the official Youtube api to show some curated videos to the user of my app.

For better understanding of the iOS app, here is the link for the web version of it: https://kids.getbiti.com

Appstore reviewers keep rejecting my app due to Guideline 5.2.1 - Legal - Intellectual Property and Guideline 5.2.2 - Legal (more details below)

Though, I'm using Youtube embed as many do, and I'm following all Youtube guidelines too. Is there any youtube documentation that I can send to Apple to overcome this issue?

It seems pretty straightforward that since my app is following Youtube rules, the app itself would also be legal, though, according to Apple it is not. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

____________________________More details:

Guideline 5.2.1 - Legal - Intellectual Property

Your app includes content that resembles Disney/Pixar material [...], without the necessary authorization.

Your app and its contents should not infringe upon the rights of another party. In the event your app infringes another party’s rights, you are responsible for any liability to Apple because of a claim.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please attach documentary evidence in the App Review Information section in App Store Connect. In accordance with section 3.2(f) of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, you acknowledge that submitting falsified or fraudulent documentation can result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account and the removal of your apps from the App Store. Once Legal has reviewed your documentation and confirms its validity, we will proceed with the review of your app.

and

Guideline 5.2.2 - Legal

Your app contains various copyrighted movies or TV shows. The use of third-party copyrighted materials requires documented evidence of your right to use such content in your app.

Your app and its contents should not infringe upon the rights of another party. In the event your app infringes another party’s rights, you are responsible for any liability to Apple because of a claim.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please attach documentary evidence in the App Review Information section in App Store Connect. In accordance with section 3.2(f) of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, you acknowledge that submitting falsified or fraudulent documentation can result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account and the removal of your apps from the App Store. Once Legal has reviewed your documentation and confirms its validity, we will proceed with the review of your app.

Replies

It's not your use of the YouTube API. It's because you don't own the rights to your curated videos. You're attempting to profit from the works of others (like Fisher Price) without permission which is not allowed.

"It seems pretty straightforward that since my app is following Youtube rules, the app itself would also be legal, though, according to Apple it is not. Any suggestions?"

This is not straightforward - specifically the word "also". I'm not sure that videos posted on YouTube are not violations of certain copyright laws and YouTube has managed to transfer that violation to the original video poster. Perhaps Apple is saying 'just because YouTube video posters are violating copyright laws doesn't mean your app can violate copyright laws.'

Also, it is unclear that soimeone with copyright rights who posts on YouTube is also authorizing YouTube to make that video available through their 'player'.

But maybe Apple is saying 'you are violating YouTube' rights - in which case, appeal pointing out that at ht tps://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters YouTube is allowing you to embed the YouTube player.

Hi,

Did you solve this problem?

We also used Youtube Api. Apple rejected our app, too.

In reject mail, they mentioned only the guideline 5.2.2 .

Any updates to this?

following because I got the same message from apple
Following
My app was rejected because of the same reasons.

I found this article "Complying with YouTube's Developer Policies" on developers.google.com and in this article I found info that it is possible to apply for an "API Compliance Audit", you can find this form by this title "YouTube API Services - Audit and Quota Extension Form" or use links below.

I didn't try to apply for an API Compliance Audit, but I am going to do this, and then I will let you know guys the results.

Links:
developers.google.com/youtube/terms/developer-policies-guide
support.google.com/youtube/contact/ytapiform

Any updates?

any updates on this issue? with regard to both YouTube and Instagram API embeds?