Xcode Preview error: "A coordinated install for ... is already pending."

Hi,

When testing my SwiftUI code, I sometimes get the new Xcode preview system having this error:

Error Domain=IXErrorDomain Code=29 "A coordinated install for xxxx is already pending." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=A coordinated install for xxxx is already pending., SourceFileLine=143, FunctionName=+[IXAppInstallCoordinator(IXSimpleInstaller) _beginInstallForURL:consumeSource:options:completion:]_block_invoke, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Unhandled reason for code: 29 in domain IXErrorDomain}

The workaround I have found is to reboot my Mac (I will edit this post if I find a less radical workaround).

Note: Version 11.0 beta 2 (11M337n)

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of LiveQuartz Down vote post of LiveQuartz
4.1k views

Replies

Did you get any less radical workaround, I am also facing the same issue, rebooting MAC helps but is not consistent. Thanks

• This works for me: Reason: Either the App store or something tool is downloading the app with the same identifier at the time Xcode is trying to launch the app on the Simulator or on MAC. Solution: Need to stop/delete all the running installs of the app with the same identifier. (How to stop -> that can be figured out to see either App Store/another tool) Then try again to launch the app with Xcode, this time it succeeds. No need to Reboot the simulator/Mac or reinstall Xcode. Thanks.

Add a Comment

This works for me: Reason: Either the App store or something tool is downloading the app with the same identifier at the time Xcode is trying to launch the app on the Simulator or on MAC. Solution: Need to stop/delete all the running installs of the app with the same identifier. (How to stop -> that can be figured out to see either App Store/another tool) Then try again to launch the app with Xcode, this time it succeeds. No need to Reboot the simulator/Mac or reinstall Xcode. Thanks.

For me, this error was because I had a version of the app installed from TestFlight. I had to throw out that version, empty the trash, and then restart the computer before this error went away.