Primary App Association error

Maximum number of apps have been associated to this primary app. Max limit: '5'

We want to add a lot more Secondary Suite of Apps to a Primary Authentication app. Please help us on the limit 5 and is it possible to increase this limit?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Kumareshwaran Down vote post of Kumareshwaran
1.9k views

Replies

I have the same problem, did you find a way to solve it?

We have the same problem.

The limitation is so unreasonable.

And there are no documents which mention about it

It breaks our account system design.

very terrible.

I just stumbled upon the same problem.

I have several apps (~20) which need to be able to log in with the same account across apps. Internally, we create some sort of organization account, so that users can login seamlessly in every app and have the content synced.

How can be this achieved via Sign in with Apple? If the maximum number of apps to be grouped together is 5, what should I do with the other ~15 then?!

I was able to get in contact with Apple engineers during a WWDC21 - Sign in with Apple dedicated lab and they explained me how to solve this.

Adding multiple apps to the same App ID is meant for apps of the same target but running on a different platform (e.g. iOS app, macOS app, watchOS app, etc.).

The solution is to enable each app as primary ID for Sign in with Apple.

When triggering the Sign in with Apple request from within the app, this returns a JWT token which will be used for proceeding with the authentication creation/identification in your backend.

This token contains a unique user id, found under the sub key, which is created from the combination of your team/developer account ID and the user's Apple ID;

This value is then unique in your developer account and it means that the combination of the user Apple ID and your team ID associated with your app(s), will always generate the same value for the sub field. This will identify the user across the apps so that your backend can avoid generating a new account but instead return the existing, associated one.

• This is not acceptable solution because then user in Apple ID settings - Sign-In with Apple has each app separately what is not desired. From user's view it looks like he is creating new registration when apple native dialog offers adding name, choosing private/relay email etc. We have more than 5 app targets/variants but we can not achieve user

Add a Comment

Terrible problem. We can add as many APP ids as we want but grouping supports just 5. We successfully configured Facebook and also Google sign-in for in about 10 app variants but it is not possible for Apple. Apple should increase this useless low limit.