U.S. Tax Forms for German developer

Hello!

I am an individual developer from Germany and I have some troubles filling out the "U.S. Tax Forms" document in iTunes Connect. I am on the page whose headling is "Manage Your Tax Information" and these are the points I am not sure what to do:

5. U.S. taxpayer identification number, if required

I do not have a US taxpayer ID. Can I just leave this field empty?

6. Foreign tax identifying number, if any

I have a german tax Id (Steuer-ID). Do I have to put this german tax Id into this field? Or do they mean something different?

7. Reference Number(s)

What is this reference number?

Part II: Claim of Tax Treaty Benefits: (If Applicable)

9. I certify that the beneficial owner is a resident of Germany within the meaning of the income tax treaty between United States and that country.

Do I HAVE to check this box as developer from Germany? Does this mean I automatically get a reduced tax if I check this box?

10. Special rates and Conditions

Do I fill out any the boxes here?

Sorry for all the questions, but I do not want to make any mistake. Thanks for any help!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of compyler Down vote post of compyler
4.3k views

Replies

i have exactly the same questions.

dear apple, could you please provide the necessary information!

I have the same question (a developer from Czechia, EU). Thank you
I'm from Czech republic, EU citizen, myself and from what I've studied:

Part I, points 5, 6, 7

Is for US citizens. I don't have to fill it. I have Czech VAT and Tax ID, but I believe these are for US citizens who would live abroad, pay taxes elsewhere and then would need to reconcile it.

Part II.

Point 9 - check if you are. I believe this should avoid having any taxes being withhold from US sales? And plus this is just a confirmation of what residence/tax domicile we are.
Point 10, nothing. There are no special rates and conditions in my case.

By no means I'm an expert, but I've read the tax treaty between Czech Republic and US and I also read the instructions for filling the form, which these input fields are taken from. By no means you should trust me though. Please make your own judgement.

Years later, I see, and this is still an issue. I'm a developer in Germany and I'm trying to get stuff set up in App Store Connect but I've no idea how to handle the United States tax form section.

Hello, did you find out how to handle this configuration for taxes in the US while being an european developer?