Emoji Ranger not showing in Add Widget list

Apple Recommended

Replies

Doesn't work on simulator for me either. However running it on a device works.
Same for me, simulator doesn't show it but device does. If you want to run on device you have to configure the Signing Team and update the Bundle ID
This is a known issue in the current beta. The workaround is to build the Widget's scheme directly, which will automatically add the widget to the simulator's home screen. For the full list of known issues see the "Widgets" section of the iOS & iPadOS 14 Beta Release Notes.
It's not clear what either of these workarounds means. I don't understand how either of these workarounds is different than my normal process, or different than what's shown in the video.

What does “Debug with your extension’s scheme directly to Simulator” mean? How is that different than what Izzy does in the video? Where in Xcode do we click to make it happen?

What does “build the Widget's scheme directly”? How is that different than what he does in the video? Where in Xcode do we click to make it happen?

Also, it sounds like the second “Frameworks Engineer” response doesn't understand the problem. The response talks about “automatically add the widget to the simulator's home screen”, but that is not the problem, for me at least. Following along with the video up to 6m12s works and automatically puts the small-family widget on the simulator's home screen, just as in the video. The problem is at 6m25s in the video, where Izzy opens the add sheet. In my simulator, the add sheet doesn't contain Emoji Rangers as a list item. Is there a workaround to get Emoji Rangers to show up in the add sheet?

Here are some things which did not help:
  • Launch the Emoji Rangers app (which gets added to the second page of the simulator's home screen).

• Remove the app and reinstalling it.

• Restart the simulator.

• Change the EmojiRangerWidgetExtension scheme's Executable from “Ask on Launch” to “EmojiRangerWidgetExtension.appex”.

• Simulator > Device > Restart

• Simulator > Device > Erase All Content and Settings…

• Quit and relaunch simulator.

I have issue with existing app's widget both on iOS 14 beta (device&simulator) - widget doesn't appear either at widgets setup list or at app icon's long tap popup/menu. I tried to build widget scheme - same result. Same project built with Xcode 12 beta is working fine at iPhone 11 (iOS 13.3).
What does “Debug with your extension’s scheme directly to Simulator” mean?
It sounds like your normal process is to build and run the App scheme, then once the app is on the simulator, you're enabling the app jiggling, then tapping the + button. The response to your question was, don't build the app scheme, build the widget kit extensions scheme. You can change your scheme by tapping the pulldown in Xcode that is next to the large play button and square stop button on the top left of your Xcode window. In the emoji ranger app it shows either the icon for the app which is like a panda on an orange background or you can select the 2 widget options which don't have an app icon. If you see the panda on your Xcode window you're building the app scheme, not the extension scheme.

Here are some things which did not help: Launch the Emoji Rangers app (which gets added to the second page of the simulator's home screen). Remove the app and reinstalling it.
Restart the best plant simulator.

No widget can be added from widget centre / add widgets view. This doesn't work in Xcode 12 beta 1. Even the new applications created on the beta 1 doesn't allow new widget to get added to home screen.

Get the Xcode 12 beta 2 for the applications to show up in widget controller centre. It worked for me. I have created new applications with widgets, and they are now showing up in the simulators. Whereas previously in the older beta, they didn't show up.
Is it work for you now?
I build my widget and can't add it to my iPhone/Simulator now....
When run to Simulator it is works.

Nope still doesn't work in the Simulator for me and I'm using Xcode 12.4.