How to know what's blocked by WKContentRuleList

As we know, we can use WKContentRuleList to block url requests/cookies or perform other actions in WKWebView. Is there any way that we can know what has been blocked by the WKWebView based on that WKContentRuleList?

Replies

It would be great to know Apple's response to this. We use a blocker on a WkWebView but do not receive any feedback on what is blocked; not even basic statistics like how many things were blocked. The only recourse I know of is reparsing the ruleset over a domain yourself which is obviously very inefficient and potentially error prone.

This means we are unable to easily report anything back to the user. The only indication a user gets that blocking is working is that a webpage is missing content or not working as expected (e.g. sign in flows often do nefarious stuff and fail to work with a content blocker being employed). There only recourse at this point is to whitelist that domain.

Would be nice to be able to tell what's being blocked so I can see if my WKContentRuleList is working properly. Testing one of these lists is kind of a nightmare.