Big Sur Beta 7 breaks SMB?

After the upgrade from Beta 6 to Beta 7 I am not able to connect to any smb-shares any more. I tried it with a Windows Server, Synology DriveStation and a Debian implementation. I'm directly getting the message Error with connection.

Accepted Reply

Unredacting the logs reveals the issue, insufficient permissions to load the kernel extension. Just run this (once):
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/smbfs.kext

Edit: filed as FB8628919

Replies

Hello, it is Beta 6 (20A5364e). I experienced the same behavior and I just submitted a Feedback report. It seems afp protocol is still working.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Down vote reply of
Same here, Feedback report written, hope, we get an updated Beta soon....

No Solution in the Moment to see...
Terminal cmd line also does not work to mount an SMB share unfortunately. Big Sur Dev Beta 6.
I can confirm the same thing on my end. As of 20A5364e, I can no longer connect to SMB share located on macOS Mojave 10.14. No login screen, no delay, just an immediate generic network error message.
Same here .... Just installed Beta 6 and all SMB shares immediately pop up with "Connection Failed" message. Any ideas?

Unredacting the logs reveals the issue, insufficient permissions to load the kernel extension. Just run this (once):

Edit: filed as FB8628919
I can also confirm the same behaviour, feedback report submitted.
TyngJJ's fix worked for me. Thank you!
with me the solution of TyngJJ has worked
Did this on both machines and it's working again. Thanks to TyngJJ 

Edit: filed as FB8628919

worked here too. thanks.
TynJJ solution worked for me as well. Thanks!
Thank you TyngJJ, worked for me as well!
Thanks TyngJJ.

Running the command fixed the problem.
Code Block

Thank you. This worked for me!