How to install iOS 13 on iPhone 6 OR how to use TestFlight on iOS 12.4.9

I really need to install TestFlight on my device which is an iPhone 6, but the app requires iOS 13 or later!
Is there any possible way to get ride of this problem? I mean any possibility other than buying a new iPhone🤪
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Maryami Down vote post of Maryami
187k views
  • Same here:/

• I am iphone6 user. It is really frustrating that I cannot upgrade to iOS13. Many apps including Amazon have stopped app on iOS<13. it is forcing customers to purchase new phone which is not good.

• Need an iOS 13 upgrade to install banking apps and many applications 😔😔😔

Replies

Same here. We need testflight on iPhone 6. Apple fix it please
I have the same issue, building new apps which is ready for testing, users use iphone 6 so need to test on this handset. Cannot upgrade iphone 6 device to IOS 13. Apple can you find a solution to this.
More than 2 months to answer this question? Dropping support to iOS12 although the web says it supports iOS >=8? I was expecting more on Apple, especially because just a few days before releasing iOS13 you could buy a new iPod 6th gen (what we did in our company) and they suddenly released 7th gen without upgrading 6th.
Yep is the same with me. I have a IPhone 6 . And IOS 12 . That means I will upgrade to a IPhone X. Apple fix this problem because I wanna to get TestFlight app on IOS 12. I don’t wanna to upgrade to a new iPhone. Please fix this. 😔
Anyone found a way to get around this problem?
Not sure what the problem here. I'm on iPhone 5s with iOS 12.5.1. When I installed the TestFlight from the App Store it offered to install last compatible version, which seems to be 2.7.0. I installed this version and use it to test apps.

Have not you been offered with option to install the last compatible version of TestFlight?
  • You'll have the option to install the last compatible version of TestFlight only if you already owns TestFlight. I mean "If you succeeded to 'buy' TestFlight".

A workaround is to use the account you're using in your iPhone's AppStore on a more recent apple device (iPad, Mac, ...) App store and get TestFlight on this device (no need to install) Then, go back to your iPhone, search for the TestFlight app in the appstore and you'll get he "offer" to the last compatible version.

Add a Comment
I've not been offered the option to install the old 2.7.0 version. Instead app store prompts me to upgrade my ipod touch gen 6 to iOS 13 which is impossible. I currently have iOS 12.5.1.

As with all apps you can only install older versions if you had installed them before. So an older iPhone will get the option to download the previous version, if it that version was installed in the past. Pretty underhanded move, I just found out after adding some new iPhone 6 beta testers :(
Please help?
Same here too. Most of the apps that i'm using requires IOS 13 and i can't open them with my iPhone 6. Please Apple.
Hey Guys,
For IOS 12 users, you guys need to purchase the desired app from any device running IOS 13+.
Once this is done you can use Test flight or any other desired app, by downloading the last compatible app
available.

Hope this helps
hey Kaquka, I can remove my mom’s account from her phone to login with mine, install the app, and then remove mt account and set her account again? I will lose any information doing this?
@apple
please fix this issue.
This is a  real blocker to app development & testing

@appe please answer here for all the users!
Same, @apple
nice