Xcode freezes after upgrade to 12.3

I have upgrade Xcode to last release on 15 december 2020. Now it freezes every minutes for 5 minutes it's unusable. Are there some solutions?

Accepted Reply

Does it freeze on any specific action ?
Do you notice some unusual Xcode activity level in Monitor ?

Did you reboot ?

Otherwise, a good practice is to keep previous version 12.2 and get back to it.
And file a bug report.

Replies

Disable WiFi debug in the device window.
Hanging will become rare.
However, sometimes it appears anyway. Just unplug the test device from the cable and plug it back in.
This error is somewhere in connection with the device for debugging.
Same issue. Please someone at Apple, let's go to solve it. thx.
Same issue, to fix follow this steps:
  1. Windows -> Devices and Simulators

2. Select your Device from left panel

3. Uncheck "Connect via network"

Now you need to connect your device via Lightning cable until Apple fix the issue.
same issue here. Xcode 12.3. Removing hw devices from Window/Devices and Simulators works.
Still experienced this issue after upgrading to Xcode 12.4
Still experiencing this problem after upgrading to 12.4 on MacBook Pro 15 and DTK under MacOS 11.2 and on iMac 27" running under Catalina. Turning off "Connect via network" on the MacBook Pro caused Xcode to crash (sigh). Seems like the issue is getting worse.
Still experienced this issue after upgrading to Xcode 12.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have same issue. Xcode Version 12.4 (12D4e), no devices connected, just closing an open file from IDE takes few seconds, and beachball is shown. Xcode 11.7 had no such issue, nor Xcode 12.3. I have 32GB ram so it is not caused with swap or anything like that. Running on Bir Sur 11.1.
same issue with xcode 12.4
can't open any project - just spin and spin, and then Xcode isn't respond
will try get back to 12.2
Same issue in Version 12.4 (12D4e). Running Big Sur 11.2
I have the same issue. Seems like it freezes more on cloned projects on 12.4
Same issue. Xcode freezes all the time now since upgrading to Big Sur 11.2 and Xcode 12.4.
Great! After updating the device, I can not start the debug my app, since there are no latest versions of IOS in Xcode 12.2. TY apple
Hi. I have a macbook pro 16" and it freezes everytime I code more than 5-10 minutes. I had macos big sur 11.1 and updated to 11.2 and it became unusable, literally! It was freezing every time after opening up xcode after 1 second. I had to delete my hard drive and install catalina, find a version of big sur 11.1 on the internet and still happens from time to time. Please fix this...
Xcode 12.4 - Issue still exist. I'm working with hardware which require cable connection to device and it makes work almost impossible to complete.
If there is any solution to this which allow me to debug using wi-fi, please let me know!