Strange behavior in PUBLIC Beta Program

Background

This post got removed from Apple Support Communities due to me talking about beta software.... so I'm trying to get help over here since that's what the automatically generated email about the removal told me to do... even though the developer Email support already told me that they can't give me support on public beta program since it's not their job. I'm really struggling to get in contact with someone responsible for the public beta program!

Now to the question

I'm looking for help regarding the Apple beta program because I seem to be blocked from the beta program. The situation is like this:

I've used the public beta program in the past (iOS 13 public beta I think) so I already have an account which I can use to login on https://beta.apple.com/. However I can't register (https://beta.apple.com/sp/de/betaprogram/enroll) any device and I also can't deregister (https://beta.apple.com/sp/de/betaprogram/unenroll) any device. I always get redirected to the welcome page straight after visiting these sites - they don't even load! (https://beta.apple.com/sp/de/betaprogram/welcome)

Even while being logged in to the beta program website, the welcome page suggests registering for the program or signing in with an account.

I suspect that something regarding my Apple ID is blocked in the background since I always get redirects to the welcome page.

I chatted with the support and even got called back but they were unable to help me. The developer support was also not able to help me since the beta program is not their part.

Does anybody know how this can get fixed or who I should contact? Creating a new Apple ID to get the public beta is not a solution...

Regards Philipp

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of fl4kz Down vote post of fl4kz
2.3k views
  • I’m having the same problem and haven’t been able to find a good solution either. I’ve signed up for several public betas over the years without any issues until I think iOS 14 when I discovered the same sign-in/welcome page loop you described. This year for iOS 15 my workaround was to download the profile under an alternate Apple ID I already had set up previously for an unrelated issue, but that’s certainly not ideal as you mentioned. Thankfully the profile downloaded under a separate Apple ID still installs fine on a device signed in to my primary account. However, I have yet to gain access to Feedback Assistant since my primary Apple ID isn’t enrolled in the beta. I’ve seen several others in multiple forums with this same issue but so far no actual solutions, and calling Apple never seems to have helped. Very confused.

• Had the same issue, I've used multiple public betas in the past and this time itI get the same redirect loop. I tried contacting general Apple Support, who directed me to Developer support. Then dev support said to submit feedback through Feedback Assistant... which I can't access since I'm not in enrolled in the beta.

• Same issue here! Nice to see that you can still install the profile under an alternative Apple ID though. Anyone found a solution yet?

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Hi. I’m having the same exact issue!!

Spoke with Apple Support senior advisor over the phone, and at least he was able to send feedback to the beta team regarding multiple people having this issue.

While I most likely won’t be contacted about what could’ve went wrong, I’ll just test this out again in a month or so to see if it’s still an issue.

Same problem here too

Anyone ever find a resolution to this? I've been having this issue for a while now as well.

Not resolved as of yet. I'm still facing this issue, and now with beta profiles no longer being a thing, I can't even use my work Apple ID to get beta software unless I log out of my iPhone and use that Apple ID. Frustrating.

• Hi @th30bst3r, we think we resolved most accounts in this state, do you mind checking again?

Add a Comment