iOS VoIP App running on M1 Mac Callkit and Pushkit not working

I took delivery of my first M1 Mac (iMac running Big Sur 11.4) and with great anticipation installed my iOS VoIP App from the AppStore.

I was greatly disappointed to see that

1. There were no VoIP Pushes to start an incoming call
  2. Callkit does not seem to work so I get no Audio.

Am I missing something? Is there some permissions or configuration I might need to set?

Or is it just that Callkit and Pushkit don't work even though it states on developer.apple.com that they are supported on macOS 10.15+

Any advice or guidance greatly appreciated.

Very disappointed :-(

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of davemaj Down vote post of davemaj
1.9k views
  • Did you ever find out how to resolve this issue? I noticed that with the new macOS Monterey audio and video works as desired on outgoing calls, but I still do not receive any VoIP push to start incoming calls.

• Hi .... No I haven't had any progress with this.. I moved onto other tasks... I have not tried Monterey yet.. I will give it a try when I get some time. Thanks for the reply

Add a Comment

Replies

I eventually updated to Monterey 12.5 But I still see the same problems

• Ive tried this now with Ventura 13.0.1 on same M1 Mac and still same

There were no VoIP Pushes to start an incoming call. I am getting notifications for missed calls etc but no VoIP Pushes

Callkit does not seem to work so I get no Audio. It is never activated... However rather strangely when I start an outgoing call the Mac Opens the FaceTime App!

Anybody having similar experiences with iOS VoiP Apps on M1 Macs?

• @davemaj Same here on M2 Pro Hardware. After starting a outgoing call, Facetime opens. When just closing the Facetime Window, the call goes out for a second and instantly hangs up. When quitting Facetime, the call goes out aswell, but the hanging up stops even faster.

Add a Comment

Updated to Sonoma 14.3 But I still see the same problems

Am I missing something?

Greetings from who has same issue, hihi:(

I use Apple M2 / Sonoma 14.2 My observation is :

1. Voip push can be received by the app but not trigger same function as mobile did,

didReceiveIncomingPushWithPayload:(PKPushPayload *)payload forType:(NSString *)type => not work but some other place received that push(triggered after log in my app) and wake my app from inactive state.

1. What Callkit on Mac exactly is ? use Facetime instead (this is weired) ?? how to use Callkit on Mac correctly ?

any documentation can explain ????

Anyone know anything about these??

I have same problem with Callkit and VoIP. Is there any way to show a notification with accept button? I'll handle signalling with Signalr and show a notification toast to accept the incoming call. As outgoing calls work, this solution should make incoming calls possible. But how can I show a notification same as Callkit notifications for calls?