Unwanted Communication Reporting extension network request

I am creating in the application support for the Unwanted Communication Reporting extension. All I found is this guide from Apple: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/sms_and_call_reporting/sms_and_call_spam_reporting and i follow it.

I've done:

• Instantiates my ViewController from ILClassificationUIExtensionViewController.
  • Calls controller’s prepare(for:) method to customize UI.
  • Create button to notify the system when you have completed gathering information (setting setting isReadyForClassificationResponse property to true.)
  • Configure classificationResponse(for:) method after pressing Done button.

I want to send a response over the network so I add an associated domain to extension by following this instruction: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/supporting-associated-domain and advises from interenet. 

• Create file apple-app-site-association, use classificationreport instead of webcredentials when specifying the domains.
{
 "applinks": {
  "apps": [],
  "details": [
   {
    "appID": “XXXX.com.project.UnwantedCommunicationExtension",
    "paths": ["*"]
   }
  ]
 },
 "classificationreport": {
   "apps": ["XXXX.com.project.UnwantedCommunicationExtension"]
  }
}

Add domain to the entitlement:

Specify the network endpoint’s address using the ILClassificationExtensionNetworkReportDestination key in extension’s Info.plist file:

Create test server and sent the apple-app-site-association file to this server. 

Debugging and proxying my app, it doesn’t send any requests to the server. I can’t find any information about what request type should be sent, what data type will the server receive. Can anyone help to find information about it? Maybe advice what I did wrong, what settings should be on the server?

Replies

Your "Associated Domains" entry should be:

classificationreport:<your fully qualified domain>

Hi, I'm trying to implement the same as a Flutter developer. Still I have some questions

{
 "applinks": {
  "apps": [],
  "details": [
   {
    "appID": “XXXX.com.project.UnwantedCommunicationExtension",
    "paths": ["*"]
   }
  ]
 },
 "classificationreport": {
   "apps": ["XXXX.com.project.UnwantedCommunicationExtension"]
  }
}

Above file,

1. Do I need to include applinks also if I'm not using any applink service? I'm only using classificationreport currently.
  2. Do I need to add my app's bundle ID or Unwanted Communication Reporting extension bundle ID?
  3. If I need to use mycompany.com/api/getusers API, is it enough to put the AASA file to the root of company link "mycompany.com" ?

I'm really need your help with solving this

Hey, I am having the same issue, my network request fails with "A server with the specified hostname could not be found.", did you find a solution to this issue?

• I have the same issue. I posted it clearly here on another thread. If you see anything I missed, please point it here or there

Add a Comment