Apple Pay Merchant Identification

Hi,

Is it possible to get access to "Apple pay merchant identification" and use it in my application?

Thanks

Replies

What are you wanting to do with the Merchant Identifier that you need to extract it from an external source?

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com

Matt Eaton (or anyone), I have the same question for our app, and here is the context:

We have app clips for each merchant on our retail shopping app. Each merchant will have a separate Apple Pay (3rd party processor). All customer purchases will be on site/in store through Apple Pay.

For example, a customer tries on a blouse at a boutique in person and then buys it with Apple Pay using our app (no delivery or e-commerce in our app). The boutique in this example has created a merchant account through our app. A terminal will not be used, and instead we want to enable “Apple Pay Merchant Identification” which uses geolocation.

(We are also using Foursquare Pilgrim SDK to lock on the merchant’s verified location, and I understand they have a partnership with Apple Maps?)

A primary reason we want to use Apple Pay Merchant ID is to reduce the credit card interchange rate to the “on premise/in store” rate, rather than the higher “card not present” rate.

How do we enable Apple Pay Merchant Identification?

I already get D-U-N-S number but when I follow the process, it say you cant