Losing 10% battery in 15 minutes since updating to iOS 10.1.1(build 14B150)

Ever since updating to build iOS 10.1.1 (build 14b150) from iOS 10.1, battery life has drastically reduced. Previously with iOS 10.1, the battery lasted for around two days with one 100% charge. However, since updating to iOS 10.1.1 (build 14b150), battery is not lasting even one complete day. Sometimes, the battery drops around 10% in just 15minutes. This happening with no change in the software configuration or other settings.

The battery life percentage displayed on the screen sometimes flickers and changes its value suddenly- upwards or downwards.

Replies

Same problem here. The algorithm is maybe changed?

After the update to 10.1.1 I have the same problem that i loose over 10% in minutes.

The battery-information is not right, because I can use the phone (iPhone 6+ 128GB) with 1% of battery for hours! What went wrong?

Same issue here. Newish iPhone6 with Zero problems Ever. Reluctantly I "upgraded" to the 10.1.1 just to get rid of the pop-ups every day annoying me with 2 options: "download Now" or "remind me later". I relented and immediatly upon the phone reboot process my battery life usage with Nothing open on my phone drops 10% every 10 minutes. I have to stay attached at all times to a charger and my phone is the center of my business world -- my livlihood.

So I go to the Apple Store in Jackson, MS. They tech was great but after testing gave me 3 things. 1. Said my battery is fine 2. Said I'm one of those "Mystery" problem customers where they find nothing wrong but will take my word for it that the problem started the instant I downloaded their 10.1.1 "Upgrade". 3. That they see a problem with my charging port that is not fixable. I showed him the only cable I use and he said it may or may not be a fake Apple cord. That it is very hard to tell the difference so I must have a fake one that allows too much voltage and thus ruined my charge port. His own charge cord would not work on my phone. Well, it is the cord that came in the box with my new phone so what am I supposed to do? All this was after literally spending an entire day on the phone with tech support who linked themselves to my phone. Then another entire day with tech support, and after all of that failed I made an appointment at the Genius Bar, took off of work, and spent 3-1/2 hours there. The end result was, "you are screwed, we see anomolies all the time we cant fix and it is not anything you did but we will not accept responsibility either. The fact that our software upgrade destroyed your phone is not our problem. You clicked "Okay" before doing so and in that 50 page list of disclaimers you clicked away your rights and any liability that Apple may have had. So ***** you and have a nice day, unless you want to buy a new phone that is."

Conclusion:

I am so happy for Apple this week that they report Billions $$ in profit off of people like us. I have spent thousands and thousands with Apple accross my family and business. When some anomoly occurs due to No Fault of my own but Obviously is a problem on their end they tell me the solution is for me to simply buy a new phone from them. That I should have bought insurance for $150 bucks or so plus pay a deductable. My response to them is Eff You!!

Yes I will buy a new phone, Yes I will buy all new phones accross the company but it will no longer be Apple. All of our office Apple computers shall now be changed to a windows based Microsoft system. Everything will now be "Anything but Apple". They do have much to offer, They do have good support and products overall, but to be told in so many words "***** you, buy another one, we take no responsibility, you should have bought insurance, etc..." and then brag on every TV Channel how much profit they made in the billions. Well, I have dignity and am hurt by this. I have been with Apple from day 1 going back to their first available phone --- but now I walk away from them. I declare a divorce from them. Unfortunately I will now have to learn the world of android. So sad, so very sad. Why not simply accept a problem exists and destoys people's iPhones and just replace it with at least a refurb. Apple will lose a lot of profit because of my story and people like you with the same story. I have 3 other people I personally know with the same exact problem and we can prove it. For I shall continue telling everyone I know to Never "upgrade" a new Apple software release. I shall warn everyone who will listen across social media and anywhere I have the opportunity to warn people that Apple does not care about you, instead they only care about quarterly profits. My daughter and her girlfriends earn an average of $4,500 per month Each from her YouTube channel and they have millions, yes millions of faithful followers / subscribers. We are currently making a video about this very issue. My video of the Apple tech telling me "Mr. xxxxx you are basically F#%$@&, Apple does not have a solution for you even though we see this all the time. They will not aknowledge a problem that only affects 2% of iPhone owners." I've got much worse on video but hesitate to post it because he may lose his job for telling the truth. Perhaps that may get the attention from someone who 'gets it' at Apple. I'm certainly not holding my breath though. But I know for certain that after the comments section is opened on the YT channel that someone at Apple will definately know about our experience, our problem, and that many millions of people are talking about it.

What point are you trying to make thru all that noise? Are you aware this is about a beta iOS?

Same thing happening to me on my iPhone 8 plus but I've upgraded 16 point something I don't even remember but yeah my battery goes down super fast and I don't know why but it's ridiculous