AR Session Replay Issue

I'm trying to Replay a recorded session, but I keep getting the error.

2021-10-02 14:44:57.687259-0700 arZero[11120:1137758] MOVReaderInterface - ERROR - Error Domain=com.apple.videoeng.streamreaderwarning Code=0 "Cannot grab metadata. Unknown metadata stream 'CVAUserEvent'." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot grab metadata. Unknown metadata stream 'CVAUserEvent'.}
2021-10-02 14:44:58.798050-0700 arZero[11120:1137758] [Session] ARSession <0x111d066d0>: did fail with error: Error Domain=com.apple.arkit.error Code=101 "Required sensor unavailable." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Required sensor unavailable., NSLocalizedFailureReason=A required sensor is not available on this device.}

The same video works on the iPad Pro, but not on an iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro. I've tried recording the video with all different phones.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of alirehan Down vote post of alirehan
2.8k views

Replies

+1 on this one

+1

+1

+1

I have a similar issue. If session recorded with location disabled, it works great on iphone or ipad. If location enabled, the error message popup and it truns to black screen on iphone or ipad.

• I am experiencing the same problem as alirehan described. Tried recording session with Location Never using Reality Composer Version 1.5.2 (151.27.0.1) as suggested, but plays with black screen on iPhone 12 ProMax iOS 15.2.

• I confirm @Franklan010 's observation. After turning location services on in Reality Composer, the AR session recordings stopped working.

I wonder about the origin of this problem. I believe it could be about the difference in permissions granted – assuming Reality Composer has the location services permission, it collects that data, however, as our app doesn't have those permissions (the user hasn't granted them) this data cannot be used and causes an exception. Just a thesis, need to check.

• Adding the Location Services permission ("While Using" to be exact) to our app didn't help. The recording doesn't work.

Add a Comment

+1

+1

I've submitted it to the ARKit team as Feedback FB10771463: "ARSession Replay doesn't work when recorded in Reality Composer with Location Recording ON".

I've found it only works when using ARGeoTrackingConfiguration

• Same here my replay data with location enable works fine when using ARGeoTrackingConfiguration but I get the exception when using ARWorldTrackingConfiguration.

Add a Comment

I think the 'CVAUserEvent' comes from the "Privacy - Location When In Use Usage Description" property.

Set the app's location service access in "Settings" to "Ask Next Time Or When I Share", and select the location request to "Allow Once" every time you run your app.

I solved this problem in this way, but I think it's a replay bug :)