Voice Memo shortcut—how to force app to stop recording?

My son created a shortcut which opens Voice Memo and starts recording. He used a “Wait” step to set the length of the recording in secs. Then, he uses a shortcut to speak that the recording has ended. For short recordings (20s) this seems to work. Voice Memo stops and audio file is saved. For long recordings (10 min) the Voice Memo app doesn’t stop recording (regardless of whether auto-lock happened).

Is there a better way that forces Voice Memo to stop recording after 10-15 minutes (as part of the shortcut) and saves the audio file? I want this to happen without manually stopping Voice Memo because it’s for someone with low vision who would have issues stopping Voice Memo manually.

iPad Air running IOS 14.6

• Tested it again with the “Wait” time reduced to 60s, and had same issue. Voice Memo doesn’t stop. Shortcut works as expected for 20s but not 60s.

Add a Comment

Replies

Thank you for posting this shortcut. It was helpful for me. As with you, voice recording only stops if I wait less than 20 seconds. :-(. Sorry I can't help you out.

This worked for me! Stops the recording and also saves it. I tried all sorts of things, this is what worked. The dictation function doesn't start, it only interrupts the recording and disappears!