iOS 15 - "Keep..." button in provisional user notifications doesn't save the settings

Hi,

When receiving provisional user notifications in iOS 15 the "Turn Off..." button works fine, but the "Keep..." button doesn't save the settings. "Deliver Immediately" option doesn't do anything and "Deliver in Scheduled Summary" hides the buttons, but they appear again in next notification.

I've noticed this behavior with several different apps, for example Reddit. Does anyone know anything about this? I have also submitted a bug to Apple but no response so far.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of AntonM Down vote post of AntonM
2.3k views

Replies

I've also noticed this. I'm trying to implement provisional notifications in iOS 15, but the settings aren't being retained. Also, according to the docs, pressing "Keep..." is supposed to bring up a menu which includes "Deliver Prominently", etc., but all I see is "Deliver Immediately" and "Deliver in Scheduled Summary."

i find this too, xcode13.2 , ios15.1 , has the same problem, can not save select button setting

Still an issue with Xcode 13.3.0. Tapping deliver immediately is leaving the settings on "Deliver Quietly" and ignoring the fact that we requested banners/sounds/badges when we initially asked for provisional notifications.

I am also seeing the same issue whereas tapping "Keep" does not ask the user if they want them delivered prominently or quietly. It does have a button asking for showing them in a summary - but I as a user do not have summaries turned on. Tapping the summary button does not enable summaries either.

I am trying to convince people we should switch over of using "provisional" notifications to be better iOS clients, but this issue will never get past the product department's scrutiny.

This issue persists in iOS 15.5 both in simulation and on a real device.

Please confirm whether this is a bug or working as intended.

If working as intended, please update the developer documentation for provisional authorization accordingly: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/usernotifications/asking_permission_to_use_notifications

Hey guys, isn't there any solution to this yet? I can't find any more information about this problem. Provisional notifications are useless to me, right now.

Still experiencing this issue on iOS 16.6. Tapping "Keep" -> "Deliver Immediately" doesn't upgrade the push permission and still stuck in delivery quietly.