Problem with Sandbox Testers

I try adding people as Sandbox Testers to my App, but Apple keeps saying that they already exist on the team, even though they're not.

It always show "A user with this email address already exists on the team"

It keeps happening with every address I try.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of DennisEiwen Down vote post of DennisEiwen
18k views

Replies

Same exact question. The only thing I can think of is that I had created a user before with that email address and added it to the Sandbox test users. I then deleted that user, but now I can't add that user back. However, I cant find anywhere within App Store Connect for traces of that user so it's super annoying.

Same problem here

Same

Hey Apple, why dont you find a solution to this problem?

Any updates????

I did contact with Apple support and this was the answer:

This is Elizabeth, and I'm an Advisor with Apple Developer Program Support. I am following up with you regarding your request for help with creating a sandbox tester in App Store Connect but getting an error message.

After further review, it appears you have used your personal Apple ID "” as the rescue email for the sandbox tester Apple ID which makes it ineligible.

You can properly set up your Sandbox Apple ID for testing in-app purchases using the steps in the “Create a sandbox tester account" section of App Store Connect Help. If the Apple ID was ever used on the iTunes Store or App Store, the email address and any sub-address alias that contains a "+" character isn't eligible as a Sandbox Apple ID. IMPORTANT: Entering your Sandbox Apple ID information in the iTunes & App Store section of the Settings app can invalidate your Sandbox Apple ID. To use your app with your Sandbox Apple ID, build and run your app in Xcode. When testing on iOS or iPadOS devices, sandbox accounts are stored separately, and you can control your sandbox account in Settings on the device. Simply build and run your app in Xcode. The non-test Apple ID isn't affected. For macOS, the sandbox account appears in App Store preferences after you use the device to make an in-app purchase the first time. Open App Store, choose App Store > Preferences, and then click the Sign In button to sign in using a Sandbox Apple ID. When you're done testing, sign out of the Sandbox Apple ID in App Store preferences. Note: If your test device has macOS 11.1 or earlier installed, sign out of the Mac App Store, then build your app in Xcode and launch it in the Finder. Now you can test your in-app purchase implementation without incurring transaction fees. Each in-app purchase Sandbox Apple ID must be a new and unique Apple account. You can’t reuse existing Apple accounts to set up Sandbox Apple IDs for in-app purchases. Explore developer resources to get answers to frequently asked questions, watch video tutorials, stay up to date with the latest news, and more.

Same

disappointing

Absolutely the most ridiculous experience I had testing a digital product ever.

Yes, I also went through the same issue, it was quite weird that If you ever have created an account on apple with an email, you cant add that in sandbox testing, you can use an email which you havent used on apple ever before.

You guys are being harsh. This is so intuitive. Just like the Magic Mouse that you cannot charge while using it.

I figured it out. The form is glitched. It remembers the first time you entered the wrong email. Each time you try a new email address, refresh the page.

Exact same problem added a tester with an email address, deleted them. Came back later and attempted to re-add the tester but connect refuses as the person is already on the team and highlights the email address.

Looks like the web app isnt clearing the database of the sandbox user when removed.

Append +01 (example+01@gmail) if you see the same error "A user with this email address already exists on the team" to your email address. I found that when entering the password for sandbox account it must contains a capital letter, number and punctuation mark other wise it will give an error and does not locate the error posting. So please change your password to this formate as well.

Same issue