Call directory extension name not localised in settings iOS 15.3

I have two call directory extensions, each with InfoPlist.strings in en.lproj and nb.lproj directories. In these files I've defined CFBundleDisplayName for both locales.

These names are displayed under Settings -> Phone -> Call Blocking & Identification. On iOS 12.2 the names are displayed correctly in both Norwegian and English.

Testing on iOS 15.3 the English names are displayed even when device language is set to Norwegian.

Worth noting: When updating the English versions of CFBundleDisplayName this is immediately reflected in Call Blocking & Identification page with Norwegian device language.

As this feature requires a real device, I'm unable to test on iOS 13 and 14.

Add a Comment

Replies

Thanks for the feedback and all steps to reproduce!

It seems to be working for me on iOS 15.4 when setting up a new project. Can you check your strings files are checked in Xcode’s inspector under Target Membership? I have an *.lproj/InfoPlist.strings checked for the main app, and an *.lproj/InfoPlist.strings checked for the extension.

Note that I don’t have an en.lproj/InfoPlist.strings, as the English values are set in the original Info.plist or in the General or Build Settings tabs of the target settings.

Add a Comment

Thank you for your answer. I have some questions:

• If target membership was the issue it would not be working on iOS 12.2, right?
  • What is the purpose of the InfoPlist.strings for the main app in your test?
  • Did you add two call directory extensions in your test? Otherwise only app name is shown under settings.

Help would be appreciated

Help would be appreciated

Keep in mind that DevForums is an informal support channel. Folks try to help out where they can. If you need formal support, open a DTS tech support incident.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Add a Comment

Have you found a solution?