Will Simulator Screenshots Ever Upload to Store

No matter what size of simulator you use on any Macbook from any year, the screenshots are completely unusable on app store connect. App store connect requires extremely obscure, uncommon, and illogically sized images for screenshots. If you take a real screenshot on an actual iPhone 13 then try to upload that image it will also no work. Will Apple ever make software that properly works with its own development software? Will Apple ever make it so the simulators screenshots are properly sized or will apple allow for appropriately sized images to be uploaded for screenshots?

Funny enough the best way to get around this problem is to use a third party conversion app to make up for apples extreme inadequacy and purposeful stifling of innovation and invention.

Apple should take a note from the people they are keeping their boot on the neck of. It is elementary practice to resize images on devices and in widgets. They are forcing these crazy restrictions due to sheer laziness and lack of ability.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of MichaelVP Down vote post of MichaelVP
3.7k views
  • Probably not, as Apple would have to concede a problem, which doesn't appear to be their strong suit. My guess is they don't test this stuff on anything but a desktop.

Add a Comment

Replies

Do you mean iOS App screenshots ?

How do you get those screenshots ? If you type Cmd-S in simulator, you will get a perfectly sized image, indicating as well the iPhone type. This can be imported directly in AppStoreConnect.

Don't try to get screen captures by manually copying a part of screen. You will never make it.

Will Apple ever make it so the simulators screenshots are properly sized or will apple allow for appropriately sized images to be uploaded for screenshots?

I've loaded about 400 screen shots in the last 2 days, without problem…

• Hi Claude31 I am experiencing the same issue with MichaelVP! I have previously loaded many screenshots with no issues.

However over that last two days I have had the following issue. I load a screenshot from my simulator iPhone13 Pro to the 6.5" Display, this works fine, but then the picture is blurred, which I assumed is because it is being processed, but the screen then shows a red card with an exclamation mark circled in red in the middle.

Hope you can help? Anyone please.

xcode: Version 13.2.1 (13C100)

Add a Comment

If you hit the screenshot button on the simulator it doesn't work, but since that does I appreciate being told about it.

What “doesn’t work”? Are you getting a specific error when trying to upload to App Store Connect? If so, what is it? Is your simulator generating screenshots that are not the same resolution as the simulated device? Something very strange here, because making App Store screenshots in the simulator works perfectly for virtually everyone else here.

I have tried every option in Simulator (using v13.4.1) but the screen captures come out at a low-resolution size. iPhone 8 simulator screenshots are 1334 × 750 pixels not the 2208 x 1242 the app store requires.

Reassured by Claude's confident answer, I persisted in trying each phone model available to me in simulator until one eventually worked (iPhone 14 Plus). Then it really was as simple as pressing cmd-S and grabbing the screenshots as they fell onto my desktop and throwing them into App Store Connect. No issues with window scale or size once I found that magical device.

Posted here for other people who use the same frustrated search terms as I did.

100% don't understand why the Apple simulator screenshots are not accepted by Apple.

Working with Apple is very difficult.

Can you give details of exactly which devices and sizes you are trying to upload, and exactly which screen size sections you are trying to upload them to, and exactly what the resulting error message is?

iPhone 14 Pro Max will give you screen shots of 1290 x 2796 !

The problem is really very basic, and it's definitely Apple's fault, and Apple these days frankly doesn't seem to have a single UI/UX expert on site.

It's the mere fact that App Store Connect lists screenshots by screen size, while Xcode lists the simulators by model. That is some serious UX b_/llsh1t.