Help making existing IOS Application on Mac

Looking to make my existing IOS application available on Mac. I have done all of the steps as best I can determine across all the articles tools and topics for Xcode/App Connect/Transporter. I have no builds to upload in the MacO/S apps part of Apple Connect.

The app runs fine in the simulator for Mac OS and I have managed to export an executable which I might be able to send to someone outside of the App Store but haven't tried/tested.

Transporter won't load the exported (notarized? supposedly) file into Xcode because its already got a build with the same number.

I targeted Standard Architecture option, which says should run on Intel or ARM, - I am not clear on which OS I should have selected to target to make that happen.

Any hints to a concise todo list to make it happen would be good. My observation is that most of the examples in the various documentation are either MacOS Store oriented or Xcode on IOS for details. The high level information describes the planned/expected support but doesn't match the tools examples

Accepted Reply

does this require Apple Silcon?

Yes.

For specific advice on how to set this up, see Running Your iOS Apps on macOS.

do I need Catalyst to have app run on Intel?

Yes, and no. If you have an existing UIKit app on iOS then the easiest way to get a Mac app that works on Intel is via Mac Catalyst. However, there are other alternatives. For example, if your app’s UI is mostly built using SwiftUI then you can use that directly in a Mac app, without the need to involve Catalyst.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

Looking to make my existing IOS application available on Mac.

There are two paths to this:

• Mac Catalyst

• iOS Apps on Mac

Which are you pursuing?

Share and Enjoy

• IOS App on Mac - minimum

does this require Apple Silcon?if so, do I need Catalyst to have app run on Intel?

First priority, make it run on Mac

I develop on M1, but assuming still lots of Intel out there,

Thanks very much for replying.

Add a Comment

does this require Apple Silcon?

Yes.

For specific advice on how to set this up, see Running Your iOS Apps on macOS.

do I need Catalyst to have app run on Intel?

Yes, and no. If you have an existing UIKit app on iOS then the easiest way to get a Mac app that works on Intel is via Mac Catalyst. However, there are other alternatives. For example, if your app’s UI is mostly built using SwiftUI then you can use that directly in a Mac app, without the need to involve Catalyst.

Share and Enjoy

Thanks, I just noticed I never showed this as solved a year ago. I did put my app up on Mac, and it gets used move than I anticipated. Just saw this when checking on my latest question.