The application crashes in the App Store when launch on iPhone with iOS 15.3.1.

My application is currently crashing in production in iPhone devices running iOS 15.x. The app will work as normal while running developer mode, enterprise builds and Test Flight builds. Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce this issue even app is downloaded from the app store. I observed crash is happening at main.m. Can someone help me to reproduce this issue? How to read this crash log file?

Please find the crash log details attached.

Replies

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

This indicates that the app crashed itself by calling abort. The presence of the Last Exception Backtrace section confirms that this was caused by an unhandled language exception:

Last Exception Backtrace:
0   CoreFoundation    … __exceptionPreprocess + 220 (NSException.m:200)
1   libobjc.A.dylib   … objc_exception_throw + 60 (objc-exception.mm:565)
2   UIKitCore         … -[UIViewController _presentViewController:withAnimationController:completion:] + 5616 …
3   UIKitCore         … __63-[UIViewController _presentViewController:animated:completion:]_block_invoke + 108 …
4   UIKitCore         … -[UIViewController _performCoordinatedPresentOrDismiss:animated:] + 536 …
5   UIKitCore         … -[UIViewController _presentViewController:animated:completion:] + 208 …
6   UIKitCore         … -[UIViewController presentViewController:animated:completion:] + 188 …
7   libdispatch.dylib … _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 32 (init.c:1517)

The backtrace indicates that you’re tripping an assert in the UIKit view controller presentation subsystem. I’m not a UIKit expert, so I can’t offer any further insight. I’ve added the UIKit tag to your question and hopefully someone else can chime in.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I have same problem. how to solve it?