"Invalid Bundle. The bundle <bundle name> does not support the minimum OS Version specified in the Info.plist"

I have been working with a framework to add multiplayer support to my app. The app runs on test devices, simulators, and archives perfectly fine and the app is fine without the framework. But when I go to distribute the app, I see get this error related to the multiplayer framework I have added. I have tried updating the minimumOSVersion to 9.0, 10.0, 12.0, and 13.0 everywhere (info.plist, deployment info, build settings, etc) and they all match with each build/archive but no matter what I can't get fix this error. This error only shows up when I go to distribute the app to the store. Any ideas on what to try or how to fix this issue? I've attached a screenshot of the issue below.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of flipside Down vote post of flipside
8.9k views

Replies

It’s sounds like this framework has a mismatch between minimum OS version described in the Info.plist and the minimum OS version described in the binary itself. To diagnose this:

1. Use the Xcode organiser to export an App Store build of your app.

2. Unpack the .ipa.

3. Run this command:

% vtool -show PPP

replacing PPP with the path to the framework’s executable.

What do you see? Does it match the MinimumOSVersion value in the framework’s Info.plist?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• @eskimo I have the same issue but with ConvivaAVFundation 4.0.51. My tvOS app supports 15 and above and the result of the command above (See below) says 15.0 but info.plist says 9. Shout it be the same or is it because Xcode maps it to the apps minimum version? Furthermore I got other app with the same version which do not have this issue... Any help would be appreciated

• below the response from the commnad vtool -show "***.app/Frameworks/ConvivaAVFoundation.framework/ConvivaAVFoundation" ***.app/Frameworks/ConvivaAVFoundation.framework/ConvivaAVFoundation: Load command 8 cmd LC_BUILD_VERSION cmdsize 32 platform TVOS minos 15.0 sdk 17.4 ntools 1 tool LD version 1053.12 Load command 9 cmd LC_SOURCE_VERSION cmdsize 16 version 0.0

Add a Comment

Hi, I have a similar issue after the last update of XCode. First, my GoogleMobileAds package and Firebase packages were conflicting. I updated both and the problem solved. But now, I cannot send an update to AppStore.

Some of my packages are giving different errors:

1. The bundle 'Payload/MyApp.app/Frameworks/MapboxCoreSearch.framework' is missing plist key. The Info.plist file is missing the required key: CFBundleShortVersionString. Please find more information about CFBundleShortVersionString at https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/cfbundleshortversionstring

2. This bundle Payload/MyApp.app/Frameworks/MapboxCoreSearch.framework is invalid. The Info.plist file is missing the required key: CFBundleVersion. Please find more information about CFBundleVersion at https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/cfbundleversion

3. Invalid Bundle. The bundle MyApp.app/Frameworks/AppsFlyerLib.framework does not support the minimum OS Version specified in the Info.plist.

I also have similar errors for OS Version of. FBAEMKit.framework and some other Facebook frameworks.

My apps minumum deployment target is 16.0

On my info.plist I see

Bundle version string (short) - String - $(MARKETING_VERSION)

Bundle OS Type code - String - $(PRODUCT_BUNDLE_PACKAGE_TYPE)

Bundle version - String - $(CURRENT_PROJECT_VERSION)

I appreciate the help.

The same is here:

Invalid Bundle. The bundle MyApp.app/Frameworks/AppsFlyerLib.framework does not support the minimum OS Version specified in the Info.plist.

• i am having the same issue with AppsFlyer specifically

Add a Comment

When working with mobile ads through Google AbMob:

Asset validation failed Invalid Bundle. The bundle Quote Droplet.app/Frameworks/GoogleMobileAds.framework does not support the minimum OS Version specified in the Info.plist. (ID: 26fe9a03-712f-4f39-93ca-5d5e7a942ffc)

• I experienced the same issue with Google AdMob (v11) after upgrading to Xcode 15.3. Downgrading to Xcode 15.2, clearing the Swift Package Cache, and rebuilding worked. I am not sure why that is though. :-)

• It seems that the latest update of AdMob 11.2 released on 14 March 2024 include a work around to address this issue. With this package updated, the new build made using Xcode 15.3, is accepted by App Store Connect as expected.

• Guys change the minimium os version from 11.0 to 12.0 in AppFrameworkInfo.plist file ** <key>MinimumOSVersion</key> <string>12.0</string>**

Add a Comment

Same here, when comparing archives between Xcode 15.3 and 15.2, it seems in 15.3 these things are ending up in the frameworks directory of the .ipa, where previously they didn't.

Thanks to the Xcode 15.3 update build flow is ruined again. Have to spent time fixing a new "improvement". Use Xcode 15.2 as a temporary fix.

I am very happy to see that I am not the only one, I will downgrade to to 15.2, hope this will be solved soon

I am facing the same problem with XCode 15.3. What could be the solution? We should not downgrade the XCode to 15.2, it's not ideal solution.