Redeeming code stucks very often after pressing "Redeem offer code"

Hello,

we are facing an issue, that the Code Redemption Sheet is not continuing correctly. Sometimes its just disabling the "Redeem" button and nothing happens for a while.

After a while the button gets enabled again and you can press the button again. Sometimes its working then, sometimes not.

Furthermore after the button action works and the payment method was chosen, the same issue can happen again. Its doing nothing for a while and you have to start again.

The app has the target SDK iOS 14 and uses SwiftUI.

We just display the Code Redemption Sheet by using this snippet:

SKPaymentQueue.default().presentCodeRedemptionSheet()

The screenshot show the "stuck" behavior. The button is disabled and nothing is happening for a while. The code itself is fine and it is working.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of appsoluts Down vote post of appsoluts
6.8k views

Replies

Hi we're encountering the same issue right now- did you guys discover a fix?

We have the same issue.

The same issue too, it finishes the subscription flow after 3-4 attempts

We have the same problem on our app and it deters users from signing up. Anyone had any success in fixing this? Thanks!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of ABP8 Down vote reply of ABP8

Same issue here - 90% of the time after clicking the Redeem Offer button with a valid code it just stalls out (Redeem Offer button is greyed out) and doesn't do anything for about 60s. Continually clicking the Redeem Offer button and waiting will occasionally bring up the purchase sheet, but in our testing, only about 50% of these attempts actually move on to successfully redeem the subscription offer and present the screen to "Open 'App'" which hands it back to the app to finish the transaction process, which does happen successfully.

In my opinion, this is clearly an Apple issue given that our subscription flows work correctly when the stars magically align. I would like to see at least some acknowledgment from Apple that this is an issue that is being addressed, but so far all I've seen on this forum is complete silence. The buggy nature of offer code redemption prevents us from actually distributing codes to our users as we know it will result in a large number of support cases with users experiencing the same problem. It's too bad because the process is so smooth and easy on Android in comparison.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of pk-- Down vote reply of pk--

Same issue here. Users are blocked from redeeming offer codes on iOS -- this flow used to work but it now always times out on latest iOS 15/16 and just hangs after pressing "redeem offer" until it times out.

This is a major blocker for all apps that provide paid offerings!

Same issue here -- this is highly problematic Apple...

Same issue here. Apple pls fix!

Having the same issue, please someone please

func doSomething(){ print("Thank you!") }

I am checking in React Native, having same issue on iOS 15/16 after click on Redeem Offer button. If anyone found any solution for same please update.

Also following this. Same issue here

So I'mon iOS 16.3 and this issue seems to still be here. Did anyone find any solution to this?

I confirm the issue is still there. Occasionally we get the payment dialog, but after waiting a minute or two the button just re-enables without any transaction.

Add a Comment

Same issue here.

Still having the same issue, after clicking "Redeem Offer" it wont work most the time.