Xcode Cloud - slow test-without-building step

Hi,

I'm currently researching if we are able to migrate to Xcode Cloud in our project. I encountered one issue.

I run unit tests on Xcode Cloud and I see that they finish in ~150 seconds, but the whole step takes ~530s and there is no information in logs why. I even run the same command on my local computer and it doesn't take that long. Any ideas? Any way to optimize it?

Also one more thing: it looks like Xcode Cloud is not running on M1 machines. Do you know guys if there are plans for Xcode Cloud to take advantage of M1/M2?

Replies

If you would be willing to file a feedback with the link to the long running result, and the logs/attachments from the build that would be helpful to investigate the performance you are seeing. If there is work that is not being logged or if there are things that can be optimized on the Xcode Cloud side of things it would be great to know how we can improve this experience.

Add a Comment

Hi john. Have you been able to move forward on this ? I'm still interested in knowing how I could make Xcode Cloud faster....