Xcode Archive failed in NFS Storage

I am trying to archive xcode build in network drive(file share). But we unable to archive xcode build.

Note: Same xcode build works fine in mac disk instead of network drive. I am very curious about why we facing issue if we use network drive

Xcode version: V13.2

Can someone tell me It is possible to archive xcode build in network drive instead of Mac disk?

Replies

I'd strongly discourage you from having either inputs or outputs to your build on a network volume. During a build, you're essentially adding a layer of non-deterministic behavior, based on network availability, speed, congestion, and all of those principles again for the server at the other end. Instead, do the build to attached storage, and then move the build artifacts to your network drive afterwards.

Ventura 13.4.1 / Xcode 14.3.1

Not sure it's the same problem. I could not use xcodebuild on a NFS mount via mount cmdline / fstab. (error : ***.xcodeproj not found) But xcodebuild on a NFS share project mounted via Finder works... Go figure.

Very helpful to be able to build on network share. The swift project we have takes so much time to build because of the swift compiling, I don't see NFS much of a penalty here.