XCode 14.0 - Safe Area badly sized for landscape

Hello,

I have been working with storyboards for my projects without any problems. However, since the XCode Version 14.0 (14A309), the "safe area" on the storyboard preview is wrong for landscape orientation, as you can see in the image below:

The "safe area" acts as in portrait (with margins on top and bottom) instead of margins on the left and right side as in the previous version. Also changing the device for preview does not help.

It seems to affect only the preview, as the safe area is well in place after building it on both iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 mini.

Do you have any idea how to fix this? Or is it a bug that should be fixed by the Apple developer team?

Thanks

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of WizAxel Down vote post of WizAxel
3.6k views
  • Same issue here also.

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm new to IOS dev and just spent the last couple of hours trying to find a solution. The same on a brand new project too on two difference macs running xcode14 - it was fine before. A build however does seem ok but this is incorrect on the storyboard view. I suspect its a bug but surprised there isn't more people with it. Going to try to remove and reinstall xcode14 from fresh

I am facing the same issue. Has anyone found a solution? Thanks

Same issue here, did you ever solve the problem?

Same here. Someone has a solution ?

Same issue (

Same issue

Same problem here..

Same here. Did nobody find a solution to this problem yet? I guess we'll just have to wait until a new Xcode version comes with a fix.

• Has anyone figured this our yet? I am also facing the same issue.

Add a Comment

Same issue

same problem

I am using Xcode 14.2 and having the same problem. View appears fine upon building. I hope this is solved soon...

XCode 14.1 same problem

Same issue here! How this can be solved?