IOS 16.02

I installed the IOS.0.2 Update last night. I have an iPhone XR, and I know it's an older phone but I was under the impression that this was still supported.

I have encounted x4 issues:

1. The Touch Screen no longer lets me swipe up to remove the lock screen.
  2. Scrollign is really slow when a swipe does eventually register.
  3. The Phone becomes un responisve after making a call and hanging up.
  4. The Phone randomly keeps asking fro my Apple ID Password in the middle of using my phone.

After the update completed, my screen would not let me swipe up to unlock the phone. Fortunately I could use SIri to unlock my phone and take me to the home screen but when I tried to swipe left or right, it would start to scroll but then freeze and wouldnt respond.

I was able to forcefully reboot the phone and found a simmilar article reported online. Wite the help of siri again, i was able to turn on Touch accessability settings and slow down the responsiveness, which then made my screen work agian...however now i have an annoying issue where my phone becomes unreponsive after making a call.

IOS 16 has been the worst update that I have ever been unfortunate to install. Ive never encountered anything like this before.

Is a fix for this imminent? Although accessability has got my phone working to a point, it still a little unresponsvie at times which is starting to really frustrate.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Geekbyte Down vote post of Geekbyte
1.9k views
  • I also experienced a similar issue though my phone is an older model X🤧 Initially after installing the version 16.02 I couldn’t swipe so I had to use my assistive touch feature. After altering my touch sensitivity at the touch accommodations side the touch and swiping became bearable but after making a call my touch becomes almost insensitive. I hope this issue get resolved as soon as possible.

Add a Comment

Replies

These are the Developer Forums. Please direct your product support question to the Apple Support Forums.

Oh wow,

Same glitch, iPhone swipe does not work and phone touch becomes irresponsive with new update. I wasted not even the whole day try fixing it. I tried to fix it update my phone using iTunes. Bloody thing wiped up wife’s phone where she had 1000’s of pictures and videos with our newborn. So embarrassing experience with Apple. She cried whole night, I really hate this moment.

Hey I have the exact same problems on my XR, the issues started in iOS 16 and I hoped it would be fixed in 16.02 but it kinda made things even worse. I also turned on touch accommodations to be able to use my phone but now my phone doesn’t recognize multiple touches. Like I can’t even play games that would require you to use two fingers at the same time. Do you have the same problem?

I have the same issue and the phone is virtually unusable. Are Apple working on a fix or has anyone got a solution?

I faced the similar issue. I updated from iOS 15 to iOS 16 and touch problems appeared. And after installing 16.02 things became even worst. I can't even swipe up and the screen is not responding to touches at all.

After upgrading to ios 16.02 i was able to use my iphone xr for a few days then suddenly my cellular signal went off and no service. I reflash the ios 16.02 ipsw then my phone went unable to activate. I downgraged to ios 15.7 and my iphone xr works flawlessly without any issue. I think ios 16.02 still has many issues on older iphones. Hope they will fix these issues on ios future releases.

I have the same issue. After updating to the latest ios 16.02, my phone when locked, sometimes is not touching so I always do force reboot before I can reopen my phone. I hope this will be addressed as soon as possible.