System Information

macOS Version 12.6 (Build 21G115)
Xcode 14.0 (21335) (Build 14A309)
Timestamp: 2022-09-26T15:55:45+08:00

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of KarlCao Down vote post of KarlCao
1.6k views

Replies

Hmm yes, I see this too, and suspect it is probably one of the things causing the issue I posted about earlier whereby I cannot use Xcode to install/run any apps on Apple Watch Ultra... 🤔

(Unfortunately I'm a n00b in terms of developing for the watch devices, so don't have anything helpful to add beyond corroborating the problem...)

Having exact same issue here.

Hmm, that is weird, because we finally got it working (just now, at 23:30 Japan time) by... upgrading our Mac to the latest macOS 13 Ventura beta, Xcode to the latest Version 14.1 beta, our development iPhone to the latest iOS 16.1 beta, and installing the latest watchOS 9.1 beta on the Apple Watch Ultra we are trying to install onto. 😓

I thought that meant it doesn't work with the release versions of Xcode/macOS/iOS/watchOS, but it works with the betas.

But it looks like Dpayne5532 is also using the latest betas, and still encountering the issue. 🤔

Very annoying issue, I might add — we wasted the best part of a day on it.

• Just to clarify, I have the Xcode beta and macOS beta, but I was using iOS 16.0.2 and Watch OS 9 RC. I am currently upping those both to the beta's to see if that fixes it.

Add a Comment

Okay, so I upped everything to the Beta profile. iPhone, Watch Ultra, MacBook, and Xcode and now it is working just fine! Running my ultra app on my ultra watch as I type this!

Same here - XCode 14.0 and WatchOS 9.0.1. No beta profiles, just plain vanilla released developer tools and released OS. Extremely annoying. Is there any other way to transfer the required debug symbols for 20R8380 from another developer/XCode install?

FWIW I had some success (I can now install my app to Apple Watch Ultra, but I of course cannot debug) by doing

• Close XCode
  • Go to /Users/username_here/Library/Developer/Xcode/watchOS DeviceSupport
  • Duplicate the folder "Watch6,9 8.7 (19U66)"
  • Rename the duplicate to "Watch6,18 9.0.1 (20R8380)"
  • Start XCode again

Now I can at least do some limited testing on the Apple Watch Ultra. This is with XCode 14.0, WatchOS 9.0.1, on MacOS 12.5.1, no additional Beta profiles

Just now I retry to download symbols on Xcode. It downloads fine.

I haven't made any changes before this.

• Did you do anything to retry the re-download or just restart Xcode?

Add a Comment