Xcode 14.0.1 does not have support for iPhone 13 Mini in interface builder

With Xcode 14, the device selection on the bottom of the storyboard canvas has changed, and the iPhone 12 and 13 mini screens are no longer there, as well as there only being one model of iPad. Is there a way to add more devices to this section?

I have simulators installed for these devices, and this is the way I've been checking compatibility so far, but this is not sustainable.

I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of javiersanpan Down vote post of javiersanpan
1.6k views

Replies

We do not have all physical sizes in this selection. The same for iPad. And effectively we have to rely on simulators to fine tune.

In any case, an app should work on all screen size.

If that is critical to you, you could file a bug report for enhancement.

Yes this is actually a major problem I haven't been able to figure out. Ive also personally had a iPhone 13 mini since January of this year and so many of the biggest apps on the App Store aren't optimized for the mini and now this makes sense as to why it isn't.

Yes... this is so frustrating, between this and taking out the very effective and time saving 'vary for traits' tools - this is such a step backwards...ugh