Getting not entitled error with WaterSubmersionManager

Hi I just got my Apple Watch Ultra and I am trying to access depth and water temperature with the new CMWaterSubmersion api and I am getting CMErrorDomain 110 (which is CMErrorNotEntitled). Not sure exactly what this means, I am guessing I there is an entitlement missing?

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coremotion/cmwatersubmersionmeasurement

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of scottrules Down vote post of scottrules
2.5k views

Replies

Yes, using this API will require an entitlement, which is not publicly available yet.

• Any ETA? Is there anyway to get early access to the entitlement for testing?

Add a Comment

I have hit this issue too. What is the process to get the entitlement?

• As noted, this entitlement is not available yet, therefore there is no process to get the entitlement yet.

• I don’t want to be difficult or too annoying but the Huish/Oceanic app must use this so it is somewhat available even if the process is commercial rather than technical. Before investing a lot of time, effort and money in building an app that relies on this I’d like to have an idea that it will become available to me in a reasonable time frame. Is there a way to open dialogue with a product manager in whichever team is responsible?

Add a Comment

I did contact developer support and they told me to file a bug report, which I did. There should be at least be a note in the documentation about a required entitlement that is not available. As Ken mentioned, if there is a waitlist or some way to get access to the entitlement early so can make and test some cool apps that would be great! I imagine there has to be nda or form to be able to get this entitlement early. Unless Apple partnered Oceanic plus to be the only option at launch of 3rd party options for diving?

Did anyone get this to work? Did anyone get the entitlement?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of mhen Down vote reply of mhen

Still waiting for the entitlement - Any word from Apple on Timeline? I'm assuming Apple will not be releasing the entitlement until Oceanic+ is distributed. Apple did say it was going to be the FIRST Dive computer application on there platform.

They just released Oceanic+, still don’t see the entitlement though.

Looks like the entitlement is com.apple.developer.submerged-depth-and-pressure but you currently get an error when trying to get a provisioning profile with it.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of aejb Down vote reply of aejb
  • com.apple.developer.submerged-depth-and-pressure is not working for me .Does anyone fix CMErrorDomain 110 problem ?

• I am also very curious on your progress.

Add a Comment

Could anyone please share a simple some instructions on just getting measurement updates. I didn't develop for a long time and getting back to it. Went through various courses quickly to catchup what I have missed, but I simply cant get CMWaterSubmersion manager even to build. I am following documentation, but making cookie mistakes and getting error after error net even being sure how many mistakes I did already.

I am creating a separate class and adding trying to start monitoring data. Registered for motion data, edited plist etc. But then getting missing initializer or non conformation to CMWaterSubmersionManagerDelegate etc etc. Can find any simple code example anywhere on the internet.

• I also tried following "Build a workout app for Apple Watch | 10009 | WWDC 2021" where it seems similar manager is used, but it has differences and I failed again with number of errors, which I was not able to figure out.

Add a Comment

I also encountered the same error. The AWU is already in the second generation, and this API is still private.