Failed to create provisioning profile xcode signing

I built a Flutter app and I am trying to archive a build so I can put it on TestFlight and have some people test it on beta. However, when I archive the build, it fails with this error:

Failed to create provisioning profile. There are no devices registered in your account on the developer website. Select a device run destination to have Xcode register it.

and also: No profiles for '***' were found. Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching '***'.

I set the build devices to Any iOS Device so that it can be used on all devices. How can I fix this?

Replies

Hi, did you manage to find an answer to your question? Is it mandatory to create a provisioning profile and device on the developer site?

Is it mandatory to create a provisioning profile … on the developer site?

Yes. On iOS and its child platforms, all third-party code must be authorised by a provisioning profile. See TN3125 Inside Code Signing: Provisioning Profiles for info on what this actually does.

Is it mandatory to create a … device on the developer site?

Not for distribution. Distribution profiles don’t include a device list. However, this is required for development because Development profiles are restricted to a specific set of devices.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"