Python quit unexpectedly: segmentation fault

After updating to macos 13.0.1 on M1. The issue is reproduced on python3.9.15 and python3.10.8 When I run any python test without debug I have the next error in terminal:

Replies

It's the HomeBrew issue. Created the issue on github, homebrew-core - https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/issues/116415

• Don't agree, My Python 3.9, 3.10 and 3.11 was installed using the universal installer downloaded from python.org. My case, application will open, as soon as I click on menu item in a tkinter window app crashes with Segmentation fault 11. on M1 Arm chip.

G

• do you know how to solve this problem ?

Add a Comment

Hi, I have the same problem when using a tkinter-python app which have a few windows and several widgets in each one. The error seemed to be random (sometimes it happens when going from the second window to the third, but also happens in other stages as well). Using Sonoma (14.1), python 3.11.5 and Tcl 8.6 (the lastest available).

Oddly, the very same app works fine in Windows OS (10 and 11). The error is qualified in the mac terminal as 'segmentation error' but nothing more specific is being said.