iOS 16.1.1 Support for XCode run destination

I'm working on a project that uses the phone camera and want to test out the functionality on my device. I recently got an iPhone 14 and updated to iOS 16.1.1. XCode is updated to 14.1. When I select my iPhone as the build destination and go to run it, a dialogue pops up:

The run destination <iPhone 14> is not valid for Running the scheme 'projectname'. Xcode doesn’t support iPhone 14’s iOS 16.1.1 (20B101).

I have tried:

• Restarting XCode
  • Cleaning build folder
  • Unplugging/plugging in the device
    • unplugging, restarting XCode, plugging back in
    • unplugging, cleaning build folder, plugging back in

Is iOS 16.1.1 just not supported? Do I need to change a configuration file? I noticed in my .xcodeproj config, the iOS Deployment Target only goes up to iOS 15.4. I can select Other... and manually type in 16.1 but that does nothing (obviously). XCode 14.1 says it includes SDKs for iOS 16.1 but for some reason my device still isn't supported.

Replies

It might be useful to delete your current install of Xcode, download it from the Developer site, and reinstall it. Then make sure you have the right SDKs listed in Xcode's preferences.

hello, I worked around the same problem. The solution that I found was adding iOS 16.1 the device support file inside the Xcode app in path contents/Developer/platform/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport You can download it from GitHub or you can download the new beta version and grab the directory from it.

• it worked for me, thx!

Add a Comment

Just restarting XCode worked for me