Review Alert not showing in MacCatalyst App

I'm trying to show a review alert using this code:

DispatchQueue.main.asyncAfter(deadline: .now()+1, execute: {
 if let scene = UIApplication.shared.connectedScenes.first(where: { $0.activationState == .foregroundActive }) as? UIWindowScene {

SKStoreReviewController.requestReview(in: scene)

}

})

I'm using MacOS Ventura, with minimum deployment target for macCatalyst as 14.0. This code works on iOS but nothing shows when running for macCatalyst in debug mode.

Replies

Hi, usmanfromlahore.

I'm having exactly the same problem you are having: getting the SKStoreReviewController to appear on macOS Ventura (macOS 13.1) running a Mac Catalyst app in debug mode (from Xcode 14.2 (14C18)), though (as is the case with your app) the same controller successfully appears on iOS devices. Have you had any success yet in getting the problem resolved?

Hi again, usmanfromlahore.

Some additional info: the issue does not occur on macOS Monterey (12.6.2), so the problem is clearly a Ventura-specific one. Also, I've submitted a Feedback Report on the issue: FB11922955.

I have the same problem. Before this happens, The review popped up is kinda annoying when in development. In recent days, I do not see the pop up and thought my code is wrong. Yes, the review request was working fine before, but it doesn't work recently. I think it is Ventura-specific issue as well.