Xcode "upload failed" when trying to distribute app

I made a project with GameMaker and exported it to Xcode, then I archived it and tried to Distribute App with DeveloprID. So when I try to upload my build to apple notary service (Distribute app in Xcode), I get the following error message:

"Distribution failed with errors: Couldn't communicate with a helper application. Try your operation again. If that fails, quit and relaunch the application and try again."

This just happened out of nowhere without me having done any changes on my Mac (not changing the project file, not updating GameMaker, MacOS or Xcode because they are already the latest version, just nothing). A few days before that I tried to upload the same project which worked, but it didn't get "ready to distibute" status yet. Because it was stil in "processing" after a few days I tried to upload the same project again (and I tried uploading new empty projects as well) and every time I get "upload failed" status now.

Using MacOS (13.1) and Xcode 14.2, GameMaker 2022.11.1.156/2022.11.1.175 and latest Beta, I tried restarting Mac and all programs, re-installing Xcode, and exporting a new project

Accepted Reply

I tried Xcode 14.1, re-installing GameMaker and restarting Mac nothing worked still getting "upload failed" error.

Replies

I tried Xcode 14.1, re-installing GameMaker and restarting Mac nothing worked still getting "upload failed" error.

can't edit my post somehow, it's not solved.

Solved it, I had to reselect the apple account at Xcode settings to fix it.

This was solved for me by removing the Apple ID from Xcode and re-adding it.

I'm using Xcode 14.3, after removing Apple ID from Xcode and re-adding it, it still failed.

Hmmm, Xcode is definitely not happy here. Are you also using GameMaker?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I just had the same error with Xcode 14.3.1 (14E300c). In my case I could solve it by signing an unsigned Apple-agreement.

IMHO the error message is quite misleading in that situation, and a more appropriate error message could save a lot of time.

I'm having the same issue. Signing the agreements temporarily solved it but I've bene having the issue on and off (mostly on) ever since.