Apple requires old and new apps to be built with Xcode 14.1 and iOS 16.1 SDK?

I noticed that this URL: https://developer.apple.com/ios/submit/ mentions the following: "Please note, starting April 2023, all iOS and iPadOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with Xcode 14.1 and the iOS 16.1 SDK."

Does this mean that old apps making new app store updates would also have to build with Xcode 14.1 and the iOS 16.1 SDK after April 2023?

Replies

Does this mean that old apps making new app store updates would also have to build with Xcode 14.1 and the iOS 16.1 SDK after April 2023?

I'm 99 percent sure the answer is Yes.

"with 16.1 SDK" means, do we need to update our "Minimum Deployment Target" to 16.1? Then users on older versions can't install the App, right?

do we need to update our "Minimum Deployment Target" to 16.1?

Definitely not. You need to use Xcode 14.1 or later but can still target as far back as iOS 11.

Is already April 2023 and I'm still pushing updates from Version 13.1 (13A1030d) of xcode. the reason for that is the Mac what I'm using is version 11.7.5 Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013. I think there isn't a newer avaiable version of xcode for this mac, but I'm still pushing updates and these updates are approved and pushed to production, what it means to me? when should I buy a new mac, and what is the minimal year what should I buy. how we could know how many time left until the mac what we are using stop to be able tu push updates to app store?

There should be a list where we can see when our Macbook model is going to die.

You still can deploy your apps on App Store and TestFlight. The unique thing you need is Xcode Cloud. You can build your app and download an Archive to submit it later to App Store Connect. See documentation of how to use Xcode Cloud, create workflow, etc https://developer.apple.com/xcode-cloud/get-started/. To download archive just open a build logs after it finish on Xcode Cloud and find the button "Artifacts". Click it and download Archive