Struggling to display DeviceActivityReport view in a widget

I want to add a widget to my app that will display the # of pickups the user has for the day. I have the DeviceActivityReport working in the main app but can't get it to display in the widget since it is not a supported view for widgets. Is there any workaround for getting this view to the widget?

I tried converting the DeviceActivityReport view to a UI image thinking maybe that would be a way to use a widget approved view type but ImageRenderer seems to fail to render an image for the view (which is just a Text view).

To summarize my questions:

1. Is it possible to display a DeviceActivityReport in a widget? If so, what is the best practice?
  2. Is converting the DeviceActivityReport view into an image and displaying that in a widget an option?

Here's my attempt to convert the DeviceActivityReport view into a UIImage:

import SwiftUI
import _DeviceActivity_SwiftUI

struct PickupsDeviceActivityReport: View {
    @State private var context: DeviceActivityReport.Context = .totalActivity
    @State private var renderedImage = Image(systemName: "exclamationmark.triangle")
    @Environment(\.displayScale) var displayScale

var body: some View {
        renderedImage
            .onAppear { render() }
            .onChange(of: context) {
                _ in render()
            }
    }

@MainActor func render() {
        let renderer = ImageRenderer(content: DeviceActivityReport(context))
        renderer.scale = displayScale

if let uiImage = renderer.uiImage {
            renderedImage = Image(uiImage: uiImage)
        }
    }
}

Help is appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

Unfortunately, displaying a DeviceActivityReport in a widget is not currently supported. Please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Thanks in advance!

@Kmart does that also include using DeviceActivityReport inside a UNNotificationContentExtension?