Cannot add a iOS Distribution Certificate to my Project or Target?

Cannot add a iOS Distribution Certificate to my Project or Target?

During the Submission for Review process, it states I should choose a Build (for Distribution) and I need to do the above add before I can do that.

Here is a screen shot of my Certificates set in my Developer Account:

Here is the screen shot when I double-click on the iOS Distribution Certificate above:

Here is a screen shot of that Certificate in the Finder:

Yet in spite of all the above evidence, here is a screen shot of my Target for both my iOS and tvOS Project:

So, please provide some hints because this is the only step left before I finally submit my App to the App store.

Replies

As a general rule you should leave your project configured to use your Apple Development signing identity in both the Debug and Release build configuration. Then build your app using Product > Archive. Once that’s done you’ll have an Xcode archive containing your code. That’s signed with your Apple Development signing identity, but that doesn’t matter because the next step, clicking Distribute App in the Xcode organiser, re-signs it in a way that’s appropriate for your chosen distribution method. See Upload an app to App Store Connect in the Xcode help.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

This is specifically directed to Quinn. It is placed here because of its length ...

Success for the iOS Version after “Add for Review”:

And for this success, I am totally indebted to Quinn. Not to mention the fact that in the process I learned a boat-load about TVTopShelfImages and other goodies!

But, not so successful for the tvOS Version

There's always gotta be one "But"

After Archiving and trying to upload the tvOS Version to the App Store, I get “Must choose a Build. ???

The response within the Build Section of App Store Connect, talks about “If your app uses encryption” etc.

When I uploaded my iOS version, App Store Connect initially gave the identical Build error. However, it gave me the option to select “No Encryption” in a Form. Once I selected that, the Build error for the iOS version went away and the Upload to the App Store was successful.

Back to the tvOS Version … App Store Connect did not give me a Form to select “No Encryption”.

Unlike the iOS Version, the tvOS did not have a + sign in the Build section.

The tvOS shows me this:

Nevertheless, the below screen shot of my tvOS .plist file shows NO encryption.

SO, I definitely do not know what it is talking about?

tvOS .plist file:

Don't have a clue what I did, but suddenly the + appeared after Build+

So I clicked on that beauty, and here I am.

Quinn, I owe you a boat load!!

Add a Comment