notarytool is not fast as expected

Hi,

We have moved to the new notarytool for uploading files to Apple for Notarization. Our package is around 2.8 GB and we are uploading a single dmg file to Apple servers. It takes between 40-60 minutes to upload and provide the status. Not sure whether it is a problem with our network or not. I have checked with our network department whether our network has access to notary-submissions-prod.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com. They confirmed that it has access through port 80 or 443. I don't see upload speed difference between old and new tool. Please help me to identify why I don't get the improvement in upload speed.

regards

Prema Kumar

Replies

There’s no guarantee that notarytool requests will be faster than altool ones. While that’s often true, it very much depends on your specific setup. It’s not slower though, right?

If you separate uploads versus processing time, do you see any difference between the two mechanisms?

Where about in the world are you uploading from? I don’t have specific information about how this affects things, I’m just kinda curious.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"