Notarization failing for about a week

We have been using

xcrun notarytool submit "OurPackage.dmg" --apple-id "ourid" --password "ourpassword" --team-id "ourteamid" --wait

for about 6 months and it has almost always worked. About a week ago this stopped being true. We do this with about a dozen configurations as part of our nightly build and it now randomly fails on one of the configurations every night. The errors look like:

Error: HTTP status code: 500. Internal Server Error

Request ID: JUVIR5QCGI4NZPPQ7FWYAH6H3Y.0.0 Please try again at a later time. ERROR Notarization failed

even though it claims

Successfully uploaded file id: abc0e1ee-b945-4611-a086-7a4b8066db8c

Is this a known problem that is being addressed? If so when can we expect it to be fixed?

Replies

We are facing the same issue. We can't notarize our software.

We do this with about a dozen configurations as part of our nightly build and it now randomly fails on one of the configurations every night.

Yikes! There have been a few outages with notary service recently:

• One late last week, where it was affected by a much wider Apple outage

• One yesterday, which is currently reported as resolved in on our Developer > System Status page

However, these problems were acute, not chronic. I’m not aware of any ongoing issue that will cause regular failures like you’ve described.

Please do the following:

1. Collect the request IDs of all the requests you ran in a given nightly build.

2. Make sure that they match the symptoms you’ve described above, that is, most of them worked but at least one of them failed.

3. File a bug with those request IDs.

4. Post your bug number, just for the record.

orionll wrote:

We can't notarize our software.

At all? Or are you having intermittent problems as described by junkington1234? If it’s the former, something else is wrong and I recommend that you 1) retry, due to the recent outage, and 2) if you continue to see a total failure then start a new thread about that. OTOH, if you’re having intermittent problems then follow the above advice.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

We face the exact same issue. Funny thing: the deprecated altool --notarize-app still works. Only notarytool gives us the 500.

I put in a loop for 5 retries with 10 minutes between and after a few failures the notarization does seem to work. We were not logging the successful request IDs - I added those to the log and will file a bug as you requested next time it runs.

Add a Comment