CPU Limiter on Instrument missing for xcode 14.2 on M1 mac mini

Hello,

I have 2 problems currently tied to instruments on xcode 14.2

The first one: i currently use macbook pro 13' with intel processor and a mac mini M1. i am doing some signpost logging to measure my app performance on certain app lifetime period. The logging code is currently working in Macbook pro with intell processor, showing time spans of the intended signpost record. But with the same code, i cannot see result when i run it on Mac mini M1.

The second one: Is about the instument settings. In intel macbook, the instument settings have CPU tab where i can limit my CPU core used for instrumentation. But on mac mini M1, i don't see any CPU tab on instrument setting, is this expected?

---will edit later--- img: Intel result

img: mac mini M1 result

---will edit later--- img: Intel instument settings

img: M1 Instrument settings

Replies

Hello GGAdi,

1. We are not aware of any differences between Apple Silicon and Intel processors for signpost logging. If you can reproduce this in a standalone project, can you please file a feedback for this with that standalone project and describe steps to reproduce? Signpost logging should definitely work on all platforms.

2. Configuring CPUs is currently only supported for Intel processors. If this is something that would be useful for you on Apple Silicon, can you please file a feedback describing your use-case and what you'd like to configure? This helps us prioritize future developments.

(To file a feedback go to https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/new-form-response and select Developer Tools components)