StoreKit 2 How to get the product id that will be used when the subscription auto-renews

I'm working on implementing the new StoreKit 2 api in my iOS app. I offer auto-renewing subscriptions to my users. I have lots of different product levels each that come with yearly or monthly charging options.

Let's say a user has a yearly auto-renewing subscription that is paid through April 2024. In Sept 2023, they decide to downgrade to a monthly product. Their yearly product stays in place until it expires and then when the subscription auto-renews in April 2024, it will renew as monthly instead.

How do I look up what product id they downgraded to? When I look in the renewalInfo struct, it will give me info on if they will renew, when they will renew, and it'll give me their currentProductId... but I need the next product id. The one that they downgraded to, the monthly one. When their subscription to the yearly product expires, they'll renew as a different (monthly) product.

if let status = try? await self.subscriptionProducts.first?.subscription?.status.first {
    if let renewalInfo = try? self.checkVerified(status.renewalInfo) {
        // ... 
    }
}

I can't figure out how to access that info so that I can properly present the info in their Account screen. If my users were on a yearly product and last week they chose to downgrade to a monthly product, I need to show them that they are finishing their yearly sub and will auto-renew as monthly. I can't just show them that they are on the yearly sub, because they'll get confused because they know they downgraded to monthly.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of kennywyland Down vote post of kennywyland

Replies

In StoreKit 2 the field you're looking for is autoRenewPreference:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/storekit/product/subscriptioninfo/renewalinfo/3749495-autorenewpreference

In the App Store Server API, the field is called autoRenewProductId:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appstoreserverapi/autorenewproductid

Hope this helps!