Repeated TestFlight notification asking me to sign in

I've had TestFlight installed for a while, and am running a beta version of one app. Recently, I've been getting a notification, maybe once a day, asking me to sign in to get the latest versions of apps.

But so far as I can tell, I'm already signed in. If I click on the notification, it takes me to TestFlight, but there is no option to sign in. It just shows me the one app I'm beta testing, which appears to be active.

In fact, I can't even see any option to sign out, so this notification is really confusing me.

Am I signed in? Am I not? Am I actually receiving new versions of apps in TestFlight? How do I sign in (or even sign out)?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of drmrbrewer Down vote post of drmrbrewer
1.2k views
  • It's more than once a day because I just had another one now, after the one received a few hours ago.

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm also seeing this issue and this is the only thread I've found about it. I'm thinking that maybe a reinstall of the TestFlight app might fix the issue, but I'm not sure what will happen to all of the betas I'm signed up for if I try that. As I understand it, the betas I'm signed up for are tied to my Apple ID, so they should just reappear in the app after a reinstall, but I'd like to know that for sure before reinstalling.

• Indeed I had the same concerns, hence not wanting to just reinstall. Having said that, I haven’t actually seen a notification in the last couple of days so I’m not really sure what is going on, if anything.

• Nothing bad hapens when removing TestFlight, it just handles the install/updating of those apps. They even still open fine if you remove it, and when reinstaled it imediatly knows whats installed and whats not just like before.

Add a Comment

Is this fully resolved for you? I’ve had this happen every so often, usually I would reboot and it wouldn’t show back up. Sometimes it would though and I would forget about it and it would eventually seem to sort itself after a few days.

I’m not sure if just waiting is what resolves it and its just some login token that refreshes or if manually updating apps resets something and fixes it for future updates of those apps.

When it’s happening I noticed that TestFlight apps won’t update in the background when plugged in like usual. You can still manually install/update however.

What I tried this time is signing out of the normal App Store, that also seems to sign you out of TestFlight. And when you re sign in to the App Store, TestFlight still asks you for authorization to sign in. I’ll post back if this method of re logging in to it resolves it.

• I was seeing it for a few days before I posted, and maybe a couple of days after, but nothing since then. The only thing (I can think of) that could possibly have triggered it is that around that time I signed out of my Apple in the main Settings and signed back in (to resolve another issue), and perhaps this threw TestFlight out of kilter for a while.

• Do you by change know if auto TestFlight app updates while plugged in worked during that time, and if not, did they start working after?

• The issue seems to have fixed itself for me since I posted my reply above. I have not done anything at all to try to resolve and I haven't rebooted the phone or signed out/in anywhere with my Apple ID on the phone. The only place I've actively used my Apple ID with is this site, where I created an account to post my reply above. It seems far fetched though, that that login should've triggered something in the back-end that fixed the issue on my phone.

@drmrbrewer did it resolve itself again after the reboot caused the message to pop back up? I just setup a new device and noticed that after a recent reboot that it started getting this message again in place of update notifications to TestFlight packages notifications (the other devices on the account got the package update notification instead).

And if it did, did you notice background TestFlight updates (when plugged in) and TestFlight package notifications resume?

• It does seem to resolve itself again after a day or two since rebooting. I didn't notice if the update notifications were or were not being received in that time... I only have one app in TestFlight so it's a bit hit and miss whether anything would have been received, because it isn't updated every day.

Add a Comment