Are cloud-managed certificates usable from the command line?

Hello,

I am trying to distribute a macOS app directly to consumers. Recently I came across this article titled 'Cloud-managed certificates', which details that Apple will sign apps by authorizing you via you Developer program membership, but would like to see if this is usable from the command line or thirdparty tools.

To confirm that this article does what it says, I created a new generic SwiftUI app on a new Mac that does not have any existing "Developer ID Application" certificates in keychain. In the signing tab, it shows

With this, when I 'archive', the Xcode Organizer appears. If I click distribute, then 'Developer ID', 'Upload', 'Automatically manage signing', it correctly displays "Certificate: Cloud Managed Developer ID Application" and then gives me the option to notarize it.

Now, this was all done via the Xcode Organizer via an Xcode-managed app. I was wondering if it would be possible to use this cloud-managed signing service from the CLI, so that I can integrate it with existing tooling and CI/CD pipelines.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of judge2020 Down vote post of judge2020
1k views

Replies

Bumping in case anyone knows