SDK Version Issue message that defies basic math

We got this message after publishing our app to test flight:

> ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 16.0 SDK. All iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 15 SDK or later, included in Xcode 13 or later.

I'm no math genius but am pretty sure that 16 is greater than 15.

Why did I get this messages? Can I ignore it? will it prevent my app from being able to be submitted to the app store?

Replies

I just got exactly the same thing. Obviously the error message is wrong, but it'd be good to know if there is an underlying problem that needs to be solved or not.

What did you peeps do? Did you just ignore it and submit anyway?

Same here, we got several warning e-mails these days. And we ignored them for sure 🙈

We just submitted our app for review, will let you know how it goes.

https://developer.apple.com/ios/submit/ now has "Please note, starting April 2023, all iOS and iPadOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with Xcode 14.1 and the iOS 16.1 SDK."

However it's not even on https://developer.apple.com/news/upcoming-requirements/

We got the same message. For context, our app was built on Xcode 14.0.1, which doesn't seem to know about iOS > 16.0. We're planning on upgrading our build machines to Xcode 14.2 in the next few days (before the April deadline), which lists iOS 16.1 and 16.2 as valid minimum iOS versions.

I think KCO_S has the right idea; it's a legitimate warning with unfortunate typos, which should read:

> ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 16.0 SDK. All iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 16.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 14.1 or later.

Thank you for letting us know about this. We’ve corrected an issue so that the appropriate messaging appears in this scenario moving forward:

Starting April 2023, all iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 16.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 14.1 or later. 

We encourage you to contact support if you have any questions about this or are seeing any further issues from your side.

Resolved for me. Message now shows correct version numbers and makes logical sense

> ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 16.0 SDK. Starting April 2023, all iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 16.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 14.1 or later.

We got the same message. and now planning to upgrade.

app store message was as following,

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "React Native App" 1.0.0 (1). Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 16.0 SDK. Starting April 2023, all iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 16.1 SDK or later, included in Xcode 14.1 or later.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

I have Monterey with XCode 14.2 and Transporter 1.2.5 still throws same SDK Version Issue (demanding iOS 16.1 SDK) when trying to upload IPA-file. Is the issue Monterey itself, not XCode? Or what else might be wrong?

• Fixed. Problem was not Monterey or Xcode version. Harman AIR required latest update.

Add a Comment