Customer Support role for App Store Connect API Key?

Greetings everyone,

I am curious to know why there isn't a dedicated customer support role for the Connect API Key. I want to configure responses to reviews using the API, but the only available option seems to be creating an API key with the Admin role. This approach appears excessive and potentially insecure.

Has anyone attempted to contact Apple Support regarding this issue? I have made several attempts, but unfortunately, they keep redirecting me between Developer Support and Code-level support without providing a satisfactory resolution.

Has anyone else had better luck with this and found a way to reach the appropriate department? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ilia.k Down vote post of ilia.k

Replies

We have the same problem and have not yet received a satisfactory answer or solution from Apple Support.

I also don't understand why this shouldn't be technically possible. The App Store Connect API documentation claims that "The roles that apply to keys are the same roles that apply to users on your team." (see https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appstoreconnectapi/creating_api_keys_for_app_store_connect_api).

But this is not true, the role "Customer Support" cannot be assigned to the API key. So for the "Respond to customer reviews" permission, only the "Admin" role can be used, but this would unnecessarily give the API key a lot of powers.

I hope that Apple will soon become aware of this problem and provide a solution quickly.

I have the same problem in 2024 :) Looking for a solution on how to limit access to the admin role only for working with customer reviews.

We try to use individual API token for this api https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appstoreconnectapi/list_all_customer_reviews_for_an_app. We try to create token for user with Customer Support role and for user with Admin role. In both cases request customer reviews failed with 403 error. Any one try this way?