iOS shortcut hangs with record audio if called by Siri in 16.4

Since the iOS 16.4 update on my iPhone 12 Pro I’ve been unable to run shortcuts using the record audio command, if the shortcut was called by Siri.

It seems that Siri might be running it twice, as when I set the command to ask for input for its parameters I get the menu twice.

When I run it from Siri, the record screen freezes and the seconds don’t count down, but when I run it from Shortcuts it works fine.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of bluesbuzzer Down vote post of bluesbuzzer

Replies

Similar problem here. The choose from menu command keeps repeating when used by Siri. You have to tap on the screen to proceed with the shortcut. It worked well on iOS 16.3

This is still happening for me on iOS 16.4.1 - does everyone experience this?

I experience the same issue. It is still happening. Only happens when using Siri to trigger the shortcut. When I run the shortcut via UI it works fine.

This is still happening with 16.6 for me. Has anyone found a fix, and is it only affecting some users?

Still happening on iOS 17.0.3… has anyone who experienced this found a solution?

Still happening on iOS 17.2…

Same for me, not working. Has anybody found a workaround for this bug? Other app or so?

I'm having the same issue. Does not happen on my Apple Watch or MacBook for the same shortcut.

The issue does not occur when using the Action Button on my iPhone 15 Pro Max to start the same shortcut.