iOS 16.4 call extension number error

I copy extension number(like: 15120000000,5555) to the number board and call, and my iphone run with iOS 16.4 will call to another error number。I could call right with the same extension number(like: 15120000000,5555) on other os version.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of mozhi Down vote post of mozhi

Replies

You are not alone, seems to be a bug with the dialer. I administer an alerting platform, (x)matters, instance for the company I support. We have started taking reports of the link we include in some messages failing. The link is in format ***-***-xxxx,,,yyyyy where x's are dialing number, commas included for delay to account for IVR message prompt on receiving side, and y's represent the conference bridge number the notified user is being requested to join.

We have begun taking reports of issues using the link is not connecting. When the user dials in manually there is no issue. In troubleshooting we found this is related to 16.4.x versions of IOS. we were fortunate enough to have two users in same team one with IOS 16.4 one who had not updated. Older IOS worked fine 16.4 did not. The user running the older IOS version eventually received an update and now is also experiencing the same issue. I did see a reddit post of same issue user was able to work around by separating numbers in the extension/IVR option with commas between each digit effectively slowing down the dialer. This of course can be quite slow with a longer extension/option. However, this does suggest the issue has to do with the speed the dialer plays tones for the secondarily dialed numbers.

I do how Apple picks up on the bug as this is quite problematic for systems like this. I should note it appears issue does persist in 16.4.1